This is a prefect tool for those who feel their Macs are a little slow and want to do some basic maintenance tasks. Apart from maintenance tasks, it can also configure things like hidden parameters in things like Finder and Dock.
PDFs are one of the most common format nowadays, its so common that the Mac OS X have native support for this format. But if you don’t like the way Preview handles PDF files and you don’t want to use Acrobat on the Mac…then you should try this FREE PDF reader called Skim 🙂
- Viewing PDFs
- Adding and editing notes
- Highlighting important text
- Making “snapshots” for easy reference
- Navigation using table of contents or thumbnails
- View all your notes and highlights
- Convenient reading in full screen
- Giving powerful presentations
- Handy preview of internal links
- Focus using a reading bar
- Magnification tool
- Extensive AppleScript support
- Support for Apple Remote Control
- Interaction with LaTeX and PDFSync
- Spotlight support
- Highly customizable
- And much more…
8. iStat Menus
Do you want to know the what is going on in your computer? Do you want to know which application is taking up all your resources? Do you want to know your current download speed? Then you should try the iStat Menus. They not only look nice, they carries a lot of information as well.
If you are sick of changing wallpapers all the time and want something that looks different everyday, then you should really give OSXplanet a go. It’s basically a “LIVE” wallpaper that lets you look @ the earth from the space.
Viruses on the Macs? Aren’t Macs are FREE of virus? Why should I bother?
Since the Macs are getting more and more popular, hackers are more and more likely to write viruses / Trojans for Macs as well as for Windows. So its a good idea to use this FREE virus scanner to scan your Mac every now and then just to be sure that you are FREE of virus 🙂